top of page

Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages on City Property Policy

The "City of Kennedy" ("City") prohibits the possession or use of keg beer or quantities of beer over 48 12-ounce containers on any City-owned property unless a written "Group Picnic Reservation" and "Consumption Permit" have been obtained from the City council in advance of the event.


Consumption Permit Rules


  • An Application for Consumption Permit (see below) must be completed and submitted to the City council.

  • Upon council approval of the application, a $100 Consumption Permit Fee must be paid to the City.

  • Kittson County Sheriff’s Department must be notified prior to the date of the event.

  • The beer must be provided by the organization, group, or person hosting the activity or event and holding the Consumption Permit.

  • Unless a liquor license has been obtained from the City council, the sale of alcoholic beverages, including beer, is not allowed, and no compensation of any nature may be exchanged. This includes donations, advance ticket sales and tips.

  • All parties consuming alcoholic beverages must conform to all City and State liquor laws.

  • The consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages on City property is prohibited between the hours of 12:00 AM – 10:00 AM.

  • No refuse or trash shall be left anywhere on the grounds.

  • Upon a satisfactory inspection of property after the event, a $50 refund will be made.

bottom of page